Piano Cake – This Rolled-Up Cake Tastes Like A Symphony!
Bookmark Recipe: https://www.scrumdiddlyumptious.com/piano-cake
Thanks for watching and don’t forget to subscribe for a first-hand look at all our best recipes and cooking hacks! You can find this recipe and the full instructions on our website or below ↓↓.
A symphony is a piece of music in several movements played by an orchestra. This heavenly Piano Cake is the equivalent for your palate. Music is there to please people and make them feel good, and this cake does the same thing through its composition: light, fruity, creamy, and it practically melts on the tongue!
For the plain sponge mix:
– 6 egg whites
– 8 egg yolks
– 3⅓ fl oz neutral oil
– 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
– 2 fl oz water
– 7 oz sugar
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp salt
– 4½ oz flour
For the filling and decoration:
– 7 oz blueberry jelly
– 14 oz cream cheese
– 1¾ lb whipped cream
For the chocolate sponge mix:
– 4¾ oz sugar
– 3 eggs
– 3½ oz flour
– 1 oz cocoa powder
1. First beat the egg whites with an electric whisk until they are stiff. Then mix the egg yolks, the oil, vanilla flavoring, water and sugar in another bowl and add the rest of the ingredients for the plain sponge while stirring. Once you have a smooth mixture, fold in the egg whites.
2. Divide the cake mix evenly between two deep baking trays lined with baking parchment and bake them for 18 minutes in a convection oven at 340°F.
3. Let the tray-baked sponges cool, then use a spoon to spread blueberry jelly evenly all over the top sides of both. Make sure you have a few spoons of jelly leftover. Then cut both sponges lengthways into five equal strips.
4. Carefully remove the first strip of sponge and roll it up on itself. Then take the second strip from the baking tray and roll it around the first one. Keep going with this until the roll becomes thicker and you have used all 10 strips of cake.
5. Prepare the whipped cream, then beat the cream cheese before folding the whipped cream into it. In another bowl, mix the sugar and egg yolks, then add in the cocoa powder and flour while stirring. Pour the batter into a greased springform pan and bake it for 40 minutes in a convection oven at 340°F.
6. Let the chocolate sponge cool, then cut it in half horizontally with a sharp knife so that you have two cake bases.
7. Set one half on a cake plate, spread it generously with the cream, then place the jelly sponge roll on top. Spread another layer of cream on top of this, then top it off with the second half of the chocolate sponge.
8. Now spread a portion of the cream around the side of the cake. Keep some of the cream back for further decoration. Make grooves in the frosting around the edge of the cake using a cake comb.
9. Now get a piping bag and put the rest of the cream in it. Decorate the cake with rings of frosting stars on the top and around the base.
10. To finish, spread the rest of the blueberry jelly in the space in the middle of the cake. Your masterpiece is complete!